almost 7 years ago
The submission deadline for the FXCM Freestyle App Challenge is fast approaching. Make sure you submit your FX app by Thursday, February 28 at 5 p.m. EST.
We'd like to quickly remind you about the great prizes we're offering. Eight winners will take home a total of $59,000 in cash and prizes.
Here's a handy checklist to help you wrap up your submission. Make sure you can answer "yes" to each of these questions before hitting that submit button.
- Does your video include a step-by-step demo of your application's key functionalities? For some helpful tips on what to include in your video, refer to last week's guide on making a great submission video.
- Is your video under five minutes long?
- Does your text description describe a) the idea behind your app, b) its features and functionalities, and c) its purpose (i.e. why people need the app)?
- Have you included at least one image of the user interface?
- Have you reviewed the judging criteria, how to enter, and enter an application pages to make sure your submission includes all the required items?
- Have you added the disclaimer below to your app itself and to the app description on the relevant online app store/website?
Add a disclaimer to your app + site!
Applications must list FXCM in the description of the application on the relevant online application store and also within the app itself, if such a section exists. Applications must include the following disclaimer in the description of the Application included on the relevant online application store or website:
"FXCM is an independent legal entity and is not affiliated with [Applicants name or company]. [Application Name] is not owned, controlled, or operated by FXCM. Therefore, FXCM does not make any warranties regarding any product or service and has not reviewed or verified any performance results that may be presented and/or described here.”
Applications that display tables, charts, or sections of data updated from the ForexConnect API must include attribution of the data to FXCM.
Haven't started yet?
It's not too late to build a great app — check out the quick-start guide, pretend you're heading into a week-long hackathon, and start building your app today.
If you have any technical questions or would like to share feedback on the API, please visit the FXProgrammers Forum or email email@example.com. For questions about the challenge, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include "FXCM" in the subject line.
Happy finishing! You're almost there!