•   almost 7 years ago

Show and tell?

I just submitted my app and I am curious who else is out there.
If you are in the mood for sharing your work please reply to this thread and add your URL.

Hey, once you submit it's out of your hands. You can't make any changes to your submission. So why not sharing your work with others?

I'll go first:

Good luck,

- Bernd

• 15 comments

• Manager   •   almost 7 years ago

Hi Bernd,

Thanks for entering the FXCM Freestyle App Challenge. I wanted to write and let you know that you can edit your submission any time up until the submission deadline. Also, I wanted to let you know that your submission will not be visible to anyone else until it has been reviewed and published in the submission gallery. Thank you.

Best,
    Marny

•   •   almost 7 years ago

Oh, interesting. Good to know.
    But I do remember that at one point submissions couldn't be edit once submitted. Has that recently changed?

- Bernd

• Manager   •   almost 7 years ago

Hi Bernd,

There was originally language to that effect in the rules, but it has since been revised. It has always been possible to edit a submission before the deadline though.

Best,
    Marny

•   •   almost 7 years ago

Hi bernard i saw your application.... pretty interesting i like it very much. I also submitted mines. you can check it out here

Hi Sergio,

I saw your app too. It looks like you can actually use your app for trading. That's pretty cool. My app just visualizes the Forex marketplace. I am curious whether professional currency traders find that useful.

Cheers,

- Bernd

Hey Bernard,

I'm not a professional trader at all, i just know a few little things so i wouldn't know how would professional traders use it but i definitely see potential in Gorex. For example i think it would be useful as an easy way to quickly identify which way is the market moving. for example when you have one of your branches constantly getting bigger with balls by just looking at the balls colors you can quickly identify which price is changing more often "ask price(red balls)" or "sell price(blue balls)" and possibly identify which way is the market going for the currency instrument ( the branch ). and the video was pretty good also very educational. my video sucked lol.

Hi Sergio,

your video doesn't suck, I now know what your app is about!

I noticed that your app is a Windows app. My app is unfortunately a Mac Desktop app. But maybe you work on Windows and Mac machines? If you do have access to a Mac machine I would encoruage you to install Gorex and play with it.

I agree that you can see when the activity for a branch goes up. In that sense you can extract some useful information about the Forex market. Gorex has different themes and perhaps the most useful theme is called Spreads. The Spreads theme splits every currency pair branch into sub branches of spreads. (A spread is the difference between an ask and a bid offer.) So for example you might find all spreads >= 2.0 and < 3.0 under EURUSD/2.0 and so forth. I assume that there are more trading opportunities in larger spreads. I hope that being able to see the large spreads immediately is useful to professional traders.

I often let Gorex run in full screen mode as a screen saver. I tell you, it's very mesmerizing. The Zen theme is less nervous and grows very elegantly. You can still sense that reality is hidden somewhere in the Zen theme, that is, busy traders placing offers for currency pairs.

Best wishes,

- Bernd

•   •   almost 7 years ago

Ha, ha ha: the messages get cut off!

Here is the rest:
    So for example you might find all spreads >= 2.0 and < 3.0 under EURUSD/2.0 and so forth. Assuming that bigger spreads present more opportunities the Spreads theme might be useful to professional traders.

Best wishes,

- Bernd

•   •   almost 7 years ago

I think the mac thing might be a good thing, since its the cool thing now :P also you have it in the apple store right? so its more discover able to people i think. unfortunately i don't have a mac to try it out Gorex. Btw what language/framework did you use to develop the app?

•   •   almost 7 years ago

Sorry about the chopped up messages. This site cuts off text after you enter > (greater than character).

Yes, Gorex is in the App Store:

The Gorex site has all the links and lists all the frameworks:

It's a pretty long list.
    Thanks for your interest in Gorex.
    Have you had a look at Zorro?

It's pretty cool.

Cheers,

- Bernd

Hey ladies and fellas,

Mine hasn't appeared in the gallery yet. I guess they're making sure it follows the guidelines. Anyways, I agree with the "why not share?" philosophy. :D

Mine is a silly little game.

You can play it online (Chrome only)

Good luck everybody! This challenge wasn't an easy one. Hopefully folks didn't have too many late nights getting ready.

Hey Scott,

this is a great idea. Thanks for sharing!

You must have somehow reverse engineered the FXCM REST API, correct? As far as I know that API is not public. It's all baked into the native FXCM libraries.

Or did I miss something?

- Bernd

Hey Berned,

Gorex looks nice in the i-tunes store :D i took a look at zorro trader i like that you can write your own scripts. very powerful.

scott i like your game! i've played it a few times already hehe.

Thanks, Sergio!

Jeez, the Application Gallery is filling up like crazy.
    A few days ago there were only 3 apps.
    Now I am seeing 8 app plus Scott's upcoming Super Mega Trader Man.

I love it!

- Bernd

Hey Bernd and Sergio...

Thanks for the kind comments! The game uses the PC executable version of the API, then caches levels up onto the server. There's also a "standalone" version that runs on your harddrive and pulls live data, but it was too big to fit into the 35MB upload limit, so I submitted the web based version instead. Hahaha.

Wish I knew about the REST api... might've tried to hack it. ;)

Comments are closed.